fainting.
4.03.2012
11:41 PM
I know, I know.
I haven't been back here since last year, and to be honest, I've really really wanted to write an entry since the beginning of the year butI've been so busy (LIES) I've been so lazy and I didn't have the determination to. But, after all these while, there are some things that I want to say, and seeing how dead my blog is, and how everyone else is moving on with their lives and updating their blogs at the same time (in other words, I practise this habit of stalking - YES I STALK, in a creepy way *creepy laughter*), I feel I should at least write something here.
Okay so I'm Year 4 now, and yes, it's an extremely important year for me. The year that determines (sort of) my subject combination for the next 2 years, and A levels.On a side note, I have 2 tests on the same day 2 days later, on Thursday, English and Maths, both of which I'm rather worried for. For the English test, I'm supposed to write an essay about education (and absolutely anything under the sun could appear as the question). Okay sounds very simple and innocent, but it's not. It's especially demoralizing when you find out that you have a lack of ideas and points you can write(this happened during the mock test, I'm not kidding), and then your explanation for each point is crap, while your table partner can explain much better than you. Sigh. This makes me very worried for GP. I'm sure this is self-explanatory.
Next to Maths.
Need I say more? I've never liked Maths in my entire life, and secondary school mathematics has only strengthened my hatred for it. None of the concepts are retained in my memory, which explains my horrendous results for most of my Maths tests. But I'd like to say, do we actually learn these shit, to be able to use them in work or, say, 20 years into the future? Obviously, NO. The only time in the future when I can imagine myself using these weird concepts and theories (trigonometry, differentiation, and many others) is when I'm trying to teach my child(if I even ever have one) these weird concepts when he/she has trouble doing his/her Maths questions. The topics tested are vectors, matrices and differentiation(up till chain rule). Surprisingly, my Maths teacher was more worried about us not being able to do the matrix questions rather than questions from the other topics. o__o Truthfully speaking, I'm not even confident of passing the Maths test, and get the minimum requirement for English, which is a B4. You must be thinking, 'oh go study for your tests! You still have time!'
The truth is, I DON'T. It's quite late now, and I need to do my homework =__= Tomorrow I have 3rd Lang until 6:45pm, and by the time I reach home, it'll be around 8pm which is rather late. After I bathe, eat dinner, slug around, it will probably be around 9pm(or even later) and then if I actually have the determination to mug my ass off, I'll probably get too tired to score well for my tests the next day, and then I cry and mourn in advance for my death.
Let me digress. I really wonder how those blogskinners create those pretty blogskins with such great colour harmony and combinations. I mean, yes you cansteal refer to other skins' codes, and colouring tutorials that exists everywhere, but how do you put everything together? The image(well, not necessarily, if you want to keep it basic and simple), and the codes; how do you piece them together so flawlessly? It amazes me, and leaves me awestruck. And then, I want to do those kind of pretty stuff(which may explain my desire to buy a toy camera, I may talk more about stuff I want in future entries), but the realization that I don't really know anything in this field, frustrates me and leaves me rather helpless. Maybe during holidays I should try experimenting, or just try to learn from some of my friends(c'mon, I know you're reading this). Preferably with CS5(BECAUSE I HAVE IT HAHAHHA) so it'll be easier for me. ^^
To illustrate my point about the useless Maths we're learning now,
I think I've posted this video up before, right?
yes, it's communitychannel from YouTube. All of her videos are very relatable, which makes them HILARIOUS. She's amazing, she's awesome. ^^ Okay I realise I'm spamming about her every blog post, maybe I should just base my blog on her videos.
Okay its now 11:41pm I should leave. And actually do my work. (I think I would've ended earlier if I DIDN'T GET DISTRACTED halfway through and started watching YouTube videos.)
Is it worth holding on to something that pricks you?
I haven't been back here since last year, and to be honest, I've really really wanted to write an entry since the beginning of the year but
Okay so I'm Year 4 now, and yes, it's an extremely important year for me. The year that determines (sort of) my subject combination for the next 2 years, and A levels.On a side note, I have 2 tests on the same day 2 days later, on Thursday, English and Maths, both of which I'm rather worried for. For the English test, I'm supposed to write an essay about education (and absolutely anything under the sun could appear as the question). Okay sounds very simple and innocent, but it's not. It's especially demoralizing when you find out that you have a lack of ideas and points you can write(this happened during the mock test, I'm not kidding), and then your explanation for each point is crap, while your table partner can explain much better than you. Sigh. This makes me very worried for GP. I'm sure this is self-explanatory.
Next to Maths.
Need I say more? I've never liked Maths in my entire life, and secondary school mathematics has only strengthened my hatred for it. None of the concepts are retained in my memory, which explains my horrendous results for most of my Maths tests. But I'd like to say, do we actually learn these shit, to be able to use them in work or, say, 20 years into the future? Obviously, NO. The only time in the future when I can imagine myself using these weird concepts and theories (trigonometry, differentiation, and many others) is when I'm trying to teach my child(if I even ever have one) these weird concepts when he/she has trouble doing his/her Maths questions. The topics tested are vectors, matrices and differentiation(up till chain rule). Surprisingly, my Maths teacher was more worried about us not being able to do the matrix questions rather than questions from the other topics. o__o Truthfully speaking, I'm not even confident of passing the Maths test, and get the minimum requirement for English, which is a B4. You must be thinking, 'oh go study for your tests! You still have time!'
The truth is, I DON'T. It's quite late now, and I need to do my homework =__= Tomorrow I have 3rd Lang until 6:45pm, and by the time I reach home, it'll be around 8pm which is rather late. After I bathe, eat dinner, slug around, it will probably be around 9pm(or even later) and then if I actually have the determination to mug my ass off, I'll probably get too tired to score well for my tests the next day, and then I cry and mourn in advance for my death.
Let me digress. I really wonder how those blogskinners create those pretty blogskins with such great colour harmony and combinations. I mean, yes you can
To illustrate my point about the useless Maths we're learning now,
I think I've posted this video up before, right?
yes, it's communitychannel from YouTube. All of her videos are very relatable, which makes them HILARIOUS. She's amazing, she's awesome. ^^ Okay I realise I'm spamming about her every blog post, maybe I should just base my blog on her videos.
Okay its now 11:41pm I should leave. And actually do my work. (I think I would've ended earlier if I DIDN'T GET DISTRACTED halfway through and started watching YouTube videos.)
Is it worth holding on to something that pricks you?
About
Choo Yun Yu. 19. Singapore.
Archives
December 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
October 2010
November 2010
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
September 2011
October 2011
April 2012
September 2012
October 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
December 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
April 2016
June 2017
Thanks
Sylvia Plath and her bell jar;elmotreefor his utmost patience in design and coding; with greatly-appreciated help from circuitfusednccxx
