dilemmatically
12.14.2012
2:52 PM
Yes I know I just posted the previous entry
but it was because it was due such a long time ago I decided to just finish it up. -__-
I should be slapped in the face.
I'm changing my phone soon and Starhub is having such enticing deals I can't choose. There's no obvious reason, like one with better specs than the other. seriously it's based on your expectations of the phone and your usage.
(AND YES FINALLY I'M GETTING A REAL SMARTPHONE)
So first phone I'm thinking of is the Nokia Lumia 920.
Being a Nokia phonatic(pun intended hurhur), I want to believe that their phones are getting better and hopefully they give up on their Meego/Symbian phones cos they're seriously dying out and can't compete in today's smartphone ecosystem.
Well, all the phones they've been releasing are running Windows mobile 8, which was quite exciting, since Microsoft made it mandatory that they have the same processor, Qualcomm dualcore S4 snapdragon something something I can't remember, so they'll all have the fluid, buttery-smooth performance on their UI.
Yes everything on the Lumia 920 including the Pureview camera and the beautiful screen is so undeniably attractive, it seems impossible to reject. The only bad thing is the weight. Weighing at 185g, it seems very possible that it has the capability to crack the floor when dropped. Besides, having a 4.5" screen will make it really bulky, and seriously quite annoying I guess.
For the 2nd choice, I was actually thinking of HTC Windows 8X but there isn't actually anything quite attractive on it. (except maybe the wide-angle 2.1 megapixel front camera, which can produce a decent group shot, but honestly I don't take front photos with my friends?) AND THE BEATS AUDIO ohmygod so appealing I can't help but re-consider whether giving this phone up is a wise choice. Besides it weighs a mere 135g, which turns it into a feather when compared to Lumia 920. Shit this is too much ahh helptch me.
3rd choice could be HTC One X+. doesn't have LTE but in my opinion, I don't give a heck about LTE because I don't actually see the difference between 3G and 4G. Faster, really? I can't feel the speed.
But becuase starhub is giving out a free ukulele worth $129 and that makes it so much more attractive. With beats audio and decent specs, I am really spoilt for choice. And its also cheaper than Lumia, surprisingly.
SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. =)
(and for someone who doesn't have a decent smartphone, I am happy to have one of them, really.)
Oh and yes, I've been listening to some music and I was thinking of buying the artistes' albums, when I decided that I would really need to make my money worth and hence the online search for reviews of their albums.
and what a disappointment I've encountered.
I mean, I like their songs, but when they score 5 or 6 or 7 out of a 10, Imma need to be more careful about what I'm about to purchase and re-think my decision. I don't wanna waste my money, because I'm not swimming in cash or anything as fabulous as that. So now I don't wanna buy the albums and I am really tempted to just download them. =__= which makes it quite a bummer especially when you're so hyped up about sniffing the artificial aroma of plastic CDs while caressing it in your hands and then playing it on your home audio system. Again, these CDs are not just a mere $10 or below, they are actually nearing $20 or more and that makes it so much more precious and valuable, which always manages to stop me and wonder, is it worth the money?
I'd rather buy the artistes' albums(those I like) than downloading them, to show my support and admiration for them. Well, I'm contributing to their sales! But the cost of buying all of those I like is really quite horrifying. It might allow me to declare bankruptcy.
2 long posts in one day, it might be a little intimidating, but I guess it makes up for the hiatus?
but it was because it was due such a long time ago I decided to just finish it up. -__-
I should be slapped in the face.
I'm changing my phone soon and Starhub is having such enticing deals I can't choose. There's no obvious reason, like one with better specs than the other. seriously it's based on your expectations of the phone and your usage.
(AND YES FINALLY I'M GETTING A REAL SMARTPHONE)
So first phone I'm thinking of is the Nokia Lumia 920.
Being a Nokia phonatic(pun intended hurhur), I want to believe that their phones are getting better and hopefully they give up on their Meego/Symbian phones cos they're seriously dying out and can't compete in today's smartphone ecosystem.
Well, all the phones they've been releasing are running Windows mobile 8, which was quite exciting, since Microsoft made it mandatory that they have the same processor, Qualcomm dualcore S4 snapdragon something something I can't remember, so they'll all have the fluid, buttery-smooth performance on their UI.
Yes everything on the Lumia 920 including the Pureview camera and the beautiful screen is so undeniably attractive, it seems impossible to reject. The only bad thing is the weight. Weighing at 185g, it seems very possible that it has the capability to crack the floor when dropped. Besides, having a 4.5" screen will make it really bulky, and seriously quite annoying I guess.
For the 2nd choice, I was actually thinking of HTC Windows 8X but there isn't actually anything quite attractive on it. (except maybe the wide-angle 2.1 megapixel front camera, which can produce a decent group shot, but honestly I don't take front photos with my friends?) AND THE BEATS AUDIO ohmygod so appealing I can't help but re-consider whether giving this phone up is a wise choice. Besides it weighs a mere 135g, which turns it into a feather when compared to Lumia 920. Shit this is too much ahh helptch me.
3rd choice could be HTC One X+. doesn't have LTE but in my opinion, I don't give a heck about LTE because I don't actually see the difference between 3G and 4G. Faster, really? I can't feel the speed.
But becuase starhub is giving out a free ukulele worth $129 and that makes it so much more attractive. With beats audio and decent specs, I am really spoilt for choice. And its also cheaper than Lumia, surprisingly.
SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. =)
(and for someone who doesn't have a decent smartphone, I am happy to have one of them, really.)
Oh and yes, I've been listening to some music and I was thinking of buying the artistes' albums, when I decided that I would really need to make my money worth and hence the online search for reviews of their albums.
and what a disappointment I've encountered.
I mean, I like their songs, but when they score 5 or 6 or 7 out of a 10, Imma need to be more careful about what I'm about to purchase and re-think my decision. I don't wanna waste my money, because I'm not swimming in cash or anything as fabulous as that. So now I don't wanna buy the albums and I am really tempted to just download them. =__= which makes it quite a bummer especially when you're so hyped up about sniffing the artificial aroma of plastic CDs while caressing it in your hands and then playing it on your home audio system. Again, these CDs are not just a mere $10 or below, they are actually nearing $20 or more and that makes it so much more precious and valuable, which always manages to stop me and wonder, is it worth the money?
I'd rather buy the artistes' albums(those I like) than downloading them, to show my support and admiration for them. Well, I'm contributing to their sales! But the cost of buying all of those I like is really quite horrifying. It might allow me to declare bankruptcy.
2 long posts in one day, it might be a little intimidating, but I guess it makes up for the hiatus?
About
Choo Yun Yu. 19. Singapore.
Archives
December 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
October 2010
November 2010
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
September 2011
October 2011
April 2012
September 2012
October 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
December 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
April 2016
June 2017
Thanks
Sylvia Plath and her bell jar;elmotreefor his utmost patience in design and coding; with greatly-appreciated help from circuitfusednccxx
