最后我比你骄傲 从此不做你的劳
1.04.2013
11:07 PM
Orientation for Year 5s 'Initiation' :
There you go. ^^
PS. title is meant to be hitting at someone/some organization(literally).
-
First Day:
- Ice-breakers with new class was fun but after that, uh herm. /coughs/ (before this was principal's declaration for the start of initiation. /coughs louder/
- had lunch then went field for games.
- 5T belonged to the second half of the cohort so we played the balloon game(where we had to hold the balloon with our partners using our bodies without our hands [which means the tummy/chest and back area] which made it quite funny and awkward)
- went around trying to pick up bean bags, country erasers and plastic balls to attack the water bottles at the other classes' bases. failed terribly.
- went on to this water slide game thing. couldn't play because I didn't bring PE shorts (couldn't blame me cos they specified dark coloured tees) and was in long pants. So I just sat down and laughed at others for all their unglam moments. (and in the process got sunburnt)
- principal's address. quote: "M... M FOUR GREYTER HAITS" (someone actually exclaimed "M?" really loudly when she said the first M. WHICH WAS DAMN HILARIOUS) apparently she also mentioned 'so-called' in the speech which made everyone snigger but I didn't catch it.
- Initiation tee wasn't spectacularly beautiful but it looked fine. had tuition(during which I also discovered sunburns on my arms) then went home. Applied aloe vera gel over those sunburns. at the end of the day unfortunately felt super heaty and feverish.
- woke up with a fever. mum blamed me for not gorging myself with water and being under the sun for too long. got a car ride to school. ^^ (but I felt a little uncomfortable okay)
- morning assembly, some admin matters, which had Jiawen transferred class to 5C.(NUUU WAE JIAWEN YOU LEFT ME WITH NO ONE) Went to hall to learn mass dance. awkward dancing with partner. (almost died with back aches and fever; got tired super easily)
- running man + amazing race = amazing man. whole cohort was broken up into 3 parts. sent one representatives up and played this quiz. had to guess what was hidden in the box. we left after like don't know when. was it after 3 or 4 groups left?
- first game we played was eating the half-watermelon without using any utensils. Levonne/Zhiwen dug out pieces of watermelon and ate them (I remembered they washed their hands) and after realizing it was too slow, Ying Ying koped spoons from the yong tau foo stall and we dug out and ate as many pieces as we can. We decided it was still too slow before we just scraped the red flesh off into the rubbish bin. GM came back after running to be caught by other groups then gave us a puzzle piece. (HEHE EPIC SHIT)
- moved on to catch other GMs. I don't remember how long it was before we caught another one. (caught Grace but class wasn't there in 5 seconds so the catch was voided u__u) I think we caught someone else and Alvin(our facilitator; the other one was Lynn, but she was a GM) brought us to the hall for another game.
- It was a competitive one, which means 2 classes was needed. 5E(if I didn't remember wrongly) and us were playing against each other and we were supposed stay in the photo and on the cushion mat(and looking at the camera with eyes open) while trying to cover the opponents' faces with cardboard pieces (which had pigs drawn on them haha).
- turned out to be a wrestling match. first time I just ran in at the last min. 2nd time was pinned down by several people(I mean they were pressing down on me when I inevitably fell and ended up in a weird position) and thought I was about to break my ribs. Awkward position because there was like 2 heads near my left side of the tummy and everyone was just pushing down and could not escape even though I struggled to. 3rd time only 7 people could participate so we sent all guys up (I think only one guy didn't go up). 5E only had one guy so he naturally had to participate.
- I was practically LIFTED OFF AND SLAMMED ON TO THE FLOOR BY THAT GUY. I struggled back up to the cushion mat before he REPEATED WHAT HE DID AGAIN. (I landed on my knees ouch)GMs realized how violent it was and declared only girls participate for the next round. The trauma and shock overwhelmed me(not really haha. BUT SERIOUSLY I mean its just a game, right? so they shouldn't be that competitive and resort to violence)
- we caught another GM and this station was this tie a straw to your arm using an armband and try to catch your opponents' straws while defending yours. TURNED OUT TO BE ANOTHER VIOLENT GAME TOO. 5F was super violent ESP THE GIRLS. I was just standing at the corner hesitating whether to try to snatch or just like keep quiet, and Cruise creeped up on me from behind and snatched my straw, so I was out of the game, unharmed.
- Zhiwen's arm was totally red and had these deep impressions of nail marks. Sasha had a scratch from a finernail and it swelled. Seeing how Vivian was ducking and dashing here and there and trying to snatch was kinda scary(SHE LOOKED SUPER FIERCE). EVER MORE HORRIFYING WAS the girls surrounding our class people and just grabbing them and snatching and tugging their shirts with great force(they had more people than our class, but still -__-) I couldn't help much (and probably looked like the helpless and lost sheep) because everyone was so fast and violent I didn't know where to go.(after they've been given the permission from the GMs, those who were out could disturb the opponents who still had the straw) Seeing Tsi Yuan and Estelle being super annoyed and struggling against the other class's girls also frightened me. The only funny thing was Jiawen screamed in triumph really loudly (like she was raped HAHAHA) after she snatched Shueh Chien's straw, but the whole game just left me REALLY SHOCKED (and a little unhappy, I guess).(was walking to canteen and saw the mess of the watermelon station SUPER HORRIBLE)
- had lunch with class. ate horrible pizzas recommended by Shi Kai (another facil). Was made to swap places with Yao Zhong by Ms Cheng and Sasha was made to sit beside me(hehe not so awkward). Didn't really have the appetite to eat(was it because I gorged myself with water, since I had a fever?), and my stomach was bursting after my 2nd piece of pizza. Ms Cheng ordered us to chat with Mr Ang. but me and Sasha was like 'eh.. hehe..." /awkward/ She ordered the guys to talk to Mr Ang too (which they eventually did). couldn't finish pizzas so me and Sasha went to give out to the cleaners and random people like Zhichao and gang. haha! Went back and slacked(rubbed my bruises). Shueh Chien and Xue Wei photobombed 5D's class photo, which was quite funny. =)
- went to audi for some inter-house game show. SUPER FUNNY THE ABCs PART. TIFFANY WAS SUPER EPIC! AHHAA "Qu... QUAIL EGGS" WTF.
- went to Ajisen with Ruofei, Jenny, Yinjia, Waihong, Kenlynn, Tiffany, Lynn and Amanda! (seated in clockwise direction) slacked and chatted. Ddin't eat cos I was so full, left halfway as I told my sister to fetch me.
- Fever took a turn for the worse at home. Slugged on the bed using mum's phone. After dinner went to see doctor. Total cost was $51.00, which was extremely expensive. (and got a bunch of medicine that my brother said was a little unnecessary.)
- took mc for today. Slacked at home. Didn't do anything productive. (bruises became blue-black and visible) I still have no idea why the games were so violent.
Second Day:
Third Day (today):
There you go. ^^
PS. title is meant to be hitting at someone/some organization(literally).
About
Choo Yun Yu. 19. Singapore.
Archives
December 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
October 2010
November 2010
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
September 2011
October 2011
April 2012
September 2012
October 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
December 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
April 2016
June 2017
Thanks
Sylvia Plath and her bell jar;elmotreefor his utmost patience in design and coding; with greatly-appreciated help from circuitfusednccxx
