visions are seldom all they seem
6.02.2014
1:37 AM
I seriously wonder why I experience severe mood swings sometimes. I don't what got over me.
There was once during lit, I suddenly had this
I was suffocating.
I was gasping for air.
Unable to breathe, I was constantly struggling against the current, constantly struggling for that respite I wish for.
I was drowning, on the surface. Funnily enough, nothing wasn't pulling me down. There isn't any reason for me to stay level, since I wasn't sinking. Yet, I couldn't simply pop my head out of the water. I was firmly stuck right beneath the surface.
The saddest part is that salvation was within reach, but there wasn't anything I could do to save myself.
I watched Maleficent, and I am OBSESSED with the soundtrack i.e. Once Upon a Dream by LDR.
It wasn't too bad; at least it kept me entertained throughout. But it wasn't spectacular that I would watch it again.
and me being me having loads of time to waste, I went to watch the 1959 Sleeping Beauty animation.
Ran for Sundown Half-Marathon. Met Sasha and Jiayan but I didn't see Jiawen D:
I was happy I ran for at least 15(?) km before I started walking. And even then I couldn't just let myself go; I didn't stroll, I walked fast. and then when I felt I could continue, I started jogging. And the whole cycle repeats. But I wasn't stupid enough to push myself so hard that I would jog/run the entire thing, I WOULD'VE DIED.
Besides the fact that people were jogging too slowly at the beginning and I was getting annoyed while trying to overtake, another thing that struck me the most was at the hydration station. So at the second hydration station, there wasn't water, so yeah obviously no one could get any. and I heard one of the female runners behind me say "management very bad" (or something like that). =__= erm, it's only the beginning, you could jog to the next hydration station right? And honestly you could survive running for another 2km without water.
the last 3km was the craziest/a torment. My legs were getting exhausted/starting to ache to the extent that I couldn't simply ignore and continue running. And my back was getting stiff and aching too. I had to stop my jog more frequently with brisk-walking. And I started to not sweat anymore (because of the lack of water my body had I guess), and my lips started to taste super salty. WHICH I THOUGHT WAS SCARY, I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS THAT DEHYDRATED. There were times where I couldn't even walk straight(without even realising) and also times where I was weaving in and out consciousness, WHICH WAS ALSO TERRIFYING. The last 500m was TORTUROUS. I promised myself that I would jog the whole way but I just couldn't take it. In the end, I think I only started jogging at the last 50m.
MY TIMING WAS 3:05:05!(not bad huh) They were nice enough to supply a can of 100plus, a bottle of water, a banana and a medal! I went to a relatively spacious spot and settled down there. MY ANKLE AND KNEE HURT LIKE MAD AND I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I mean it wasn't excruciating but it was just... not a great thing to feel. I was resting my legs and my bro found me! lucky~ I gulped down 2 cans of 100 plus (bad choice because exhaustion + empty digestive system, I suffered from air in the stomach/gastrointestinal tract). while waiting for my sis, we were lying down and sort of napping/resting. a while later my bro went to look for her. He came back and it was my turn to search. In the end, I had to borrow someone's phone to call her (which was about an hour later), and she came over to where we were (near the massage tent). Turns out she just finished then, so we had been looking for her in vain. -__- my father came soon after and we reached home at about 5:40am (imagine how tired we are. IT WAS LITERALLY AN OVERNIGHT 21KM RUN)
my ankles thankfully has recovered but my knees still feel strained and are still hurting, esp when I try to stand/sit/bend my knees. I stuck on Actitape but I don't know if it works. and I feel so restricted in my movements gah.
I'm already hobbling around at home like an old granny, I hope my legs don't give me troubles when I'm in school.
About
Choo Yun Yu. 19. Singapore.
Archives
December 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
October 2010
November 2010
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
September 2011
October 2011
April 2012
September 2012
October 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
December 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
April 2016
June 2017
Thanks
Sylvia Plath and her bell jar;elmotreefor his utmost patience in design and coding; with greatly-appreciated help from circuitfusednccxx
