emerged a victor
7.22.2014 1:38 AM
nah I didn't actually emerge a victor when the CTs (or as my school likes to call it: "Prelims I") ended. I ended up more like half-beaten, half-dead; physically, mentally. The full length papers took a toll on me and drained out all of my energy, and I could assure you that that thing I call my brain wasn't even working at its full capacity (it never did) during this CT period. Imagine what was left of it. Probably this gooey mushy mixture of brain juices contained within this wrinkly intertwined layers of membranes, working as hard as it could to work this zombie-like body and squeezing out what was left of it to sustain my basic locomotive actions. Pfft. I'm just exaggerating. no but seriously

And as with all past experiences of prepping for tests and exams alike, I'm horribly unprepared for any subjects at all. Yeah you may say no one is ever prepared, but I can safely say that everyone, and anyone, is more prepared than I am, that's for sure.

It doesn't help that the revelation kicks in that A levels are 100+ days away after the Prelims ended and you have no freaking mood to study. What the hell is this? SOME KIND OF A CRUEL JOKE? Nah, I'm not in for this madness, I need to celebrate no matter how hard I fail this time round. And then the panic attack happens whenever I realize how little time left there is. When I panic, I really do.

But that doesn't mean the panic, the pressure and the stress I experience manifests into something productive. I slowly creep back into my unholy habits again, putting whatever was of importance aside. I truly hold on to this almighty principle: out of sight, out of mind. (And its not as if I deliberately put it off, my mind automatically does it. oh gosh. )

Beauty was about uniformity; the colours should fall into places where they belong. It was easy to follow the rules. The child is praised for painting his skies blue, and his grass green. There was something reassuring about conformity. He was made to believe that this was the formula to the world’s approval, but no-one has ever revealed the harsh cruelties of a competitive reality that would rid him of all purity. It was the purity and innocence that once spurred his ever-growing enthusiasm to create. Slowly, silently, and eventually – it had to be killed. One day, he would wake up and quietly accept that he is no longer that hero who would change the world.
We have all been lied to since the day we arrived into the world. We are all victims of robbery. We have been stripped of our imaginative minds, we have been stripped of our dreams. But that is why people strive to fight, because they want to claim for a made-believe world that they once grew up in.
I am but just a drop of water in the sea. The woes of mine are nothing compared to the rest of the world. Sometimes I question my purpose in this world, and other times I see the universe’s existence as a question itself. It has never occurred to me that one day I would have to die and leave my conscious state of mind.
That thought alone worries me.

Source

This perfectly sums up what I feel about everything I've experienced pertaining to education and being educated, in Singapore. The author expressed in a simple, concise manner whatever I wanted to but could not have done so. (probably due to my poor English)

About
Choo Yun Yu. 19. Singapore.
Archives
December 2006 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 November 2010 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 September 2011 October 2011 April 2012 September 2012 October 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 July 2014 August 2014 December 2014 January 2015 February 2015 March 2015 April 2015 May 2015 June 2015 July 2015 September 2015 October 2015 November 2015 April 2016 June 2017
Thanks
Sylvia Plath and her bell jar;
elmotreefor his utmost patience in design and coding; with greatly-appreciated help from circuitfusednccxx