pumpskin spice latte
12.06.2014 2:02 AM
So SOT had this graduation bash thing, and I dragged Huixin along to prevent all forms of awkwardness I might encounter if I had went alone. (In the end, I was 1/2 hour late and Huixin coerced me to buy a drink for her to make up for it)

Besides, there was free food.

The point of the bash was to let us SOT fresh graduates have a chance to interact with people from firms and orgs/senior graduates to talk about... well, stuff. I mean, according to what they said, probably opportunities for us to participate in volunteering and internship programmes and stuff. They gave us this pamphlet which had these points to probably get a conversation going, which was nice.

Sadly though, I didn't really interact with the other ppl much, except for Zhiying, who was quite friendly and approached us and talked to us and forced us politely invited us to talk to one of the SOT tutors in order for Huixin to learn more about SOT and what/how they teach (which I had disappointingly failed to supply a satisfactory explanation for).

hmm, I kinda missed out on the main point of the entire thing. I didn't get to talk to people, and I didn't really sign up for the civic trails that SOT organizes, which I'm pretty interested in. And Huixin needed to leave since her phone was running out of batt and she needed to contact her parents. Moreover, I was kinda conflicted too because I had wanted to meet Elleanor from Tokyo Fashion and her meet and greet was at 6pm while the grad bash started at 5pm. We left sort of in a hurry at about 7pm, which I'm a little sad and regretful for. :c Even when we reached Scape, where the meet and greet was supposed to be at, I couldn't find Elleanor. So basically, nothing much accomplished for today. :c

It was probably the last time I could ever be in that environment again, and the last time I could interact with such great people. I mean, I honestly learnt a lot from SOT, and I desired to at least maintain the relationship/some links I have with SOT. I didn't want my last time there to be so unfruitful, and curt, conclusive, and I left, just now, with a hint of regret and melancholy. This could be my last ever parting, and last ever SOT experience, and I couldn't even have made a step out of my comfort zone to make it a fruitful one. How disappointing; shame on you CHOO.

I guess you could say that I'm interested in fashion? But the meeting with Elleanor was important because I think it would be the first time that I would be able to see someone 'famous' up close and interact with a 'celebrity'. Haha she isn't really famous what more a celebrity, but since I had the chance of meeting her, why not? I guess the idea of seeing someone in real life/up close/in a physical, tangible form, whom I previously could only see on my handphone screen, was simply exciting for me. This (potential) joy and excitement probably fueled my desire to meet her in person.

But meh, one day wasted; nothing was achieved. I felt like I didn't learn anything from SOT, and I didn't have the chance to meet Elleanor. :( why oh why.

All hope is not lost though; I could meet Elleanor this Sunday at AFA, if I choose to lurk there long enough and be a voyeur and stalk her creepily go there and spot her if I can, although I have no reason to be at AFA since I didn't buy any tickets.

Today seemed like a poor, unproductive day. D: On a positive note though, at least I had the chance to catch up with Huixin.

And, well, the food was great.
About
Choo Yun Yu. 19. Singapore.
Archives
December 2006 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 November 2010 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 September 2011 October 2011 April 2012 September 2012 October 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 July 2014 August 2014 December 2014 January 2015 February 2015 March 2015 April 2015 May 2015 June 2015 July 2015 September 2015 October 2015 November 2015 April 2016 June 2017
Thanks
Sylvia Plath and her bell jar;
elmotreefor his utmost patience in design and coding; with greatly-appreciated help from circuitfusednccxx