NIGHTMARES AFTER As
1.08.2015
6:06 PM
Hello sorry for spamming.
So today, I'm replacing Kris at SAM today, she's sick :( Thankfully, it isn't as busy as during the Christmas season (which explains why I have lots of time to write HAHAnah I'm just slacking off and leaving customers alone)
Since I'm bored and I don't really wanna read the book I brought with me (lol), I wanna talk about the terror of As that continue to haunt us, before I forget. I've been wanting to write about the nightmares I had before -
(WOAH I JUST RECEIVED TWO HUGE BOXES OF STOCKS; just signed the receipt heh)
- but I always procrastinate and just refused to write them. I think I've had umpteen nightmares about As but these are the few that are actually sotraumatising memorable that I remember these. So far, I remember 3 nightmares in total, two of which were totally weird and bizarre. (expected, considering how weird I am as a person)
(wow it's raining really heavily)
(okay its really annoying; ppl walking past in the museum will open the automatic door, and they're just walking past, they aren't even coming in zzz)
The first dream I had was weird. (I'm having food coma after lunch so pardon me if I'm being incoherent) I was taking a nap, taking a break from studying (during the period of A levels, I did actually take naps, and woke up to study, instead of sleeping peacefully through the night). I remember waking up, half-conscious, and just wanting to and falling back asleep again. I repeated this process for a couple of times (amidst my siblings' voices; I think I remember seeing my brother use the computer while my sis was talking to him), and then I finally woke up, still feeling tired. My mum and sister were having a chat, while sitting on the mattress I was sleeping on, and I asked my sis what time it had been. I don't remember exactly what time she said it was but I distinctly remember it was 5 MINUTES BEFORE MY EXAM. I was like WTF and I remember feeling super annoyed and damn pissed off and berating my sister for not waking me up earlier so that I could study. With panic, I started cramming everything I saw in the notes as much as I could, as fast as I could.
okay, here comes the weird part. Instead of rushing down to school and crying and just wishing I died etc etc, I simply took my pencil case with me and walked out out of my room to the dining room. There was a teacher there (?!) and my exam paper was already sitting on the dining table. I sat down in the chair, and the teacher said, "you may start now." And so, I started writing and doing the paper. Like, wtf right? This dream doesn't even hold any logic whatsoever, even within the realm of dreams. It simply doesn't make any sense!
(Yay its 4pm; time to rejoice, only 3 more hours till I close the shop!)
okay my second dream was a real nightmare. I was having my lit paper, and at the start, I was just reassuring myself and tried to stay composed, so I took my time going through the unseen poems and annotating them.
I was writing my essay halfway when SUDDENLY, the invigilator said, "you are left with 5 minutes." okay, wtf?! I immediately started panicking and thinking "okay wtf wtf wtf I thought I had more time than this I thought I had more time than THIS" I started doing the other essay, and halfway through, I was like fuck this whatever I give up and just did my best, writing whatever I could. Soon there wasn't any time left and I had to stop writing. So, in total I was supposed to write 3 essays; in the end, I handed in 2 half-essays. har har har.
That nightmare felt real okay, I felt like I sat on an emotional rollercoaster ride. All the panic that made me wanna let out an explosive diarrhoea urinary bomb. Urgh. Thank god its over.
My third dream was the weirdest. It isn't directly related to As, but it was so bizarre, when I woke up I was compelled to make a note in my phone in case I forget. (gah I'm so drowsy now I don't even feel like saying hi to customers) So here are the notes I recorded on my phone:
- Ms Arfah being super bitchy - lit lesson: she took over me Sasha, Jaclyn, Hanee?
- Amanda in wrong classroom
- Munwei and Raphael being scolded
- School staff investigating why particular classroom is so warm, asked me
- feel like a suckup
Let me make some sense out of this nonsense.
Basically, it was a lit lesson but we were being taught by Ms Arfah (I don't remember if she took over the lesson for Mr Sng or she magically became our teacher). I remember Sasha, Jaclyn and Hanee and I were the only ones there. (I don't know where the rest of my class was; it seemed like the H2 class only consisted of us) Amanda was also here with us; Either I suspected she was in the wrong classroom, or she admitted so herself (my dreams are so weird) Then I remember Ms Arfah being bitchy/aloof because she was (sort of) scolding Munwei and Raphael/making things difficult for them. It felt weird too because I think/felt that Munwei and Raphael weren't supposed to be in my class as well? what the hell man I have such weird, bizarre dreams.
Halfway through, some school staff (the OSOs: the Indian auntie and a few others) came in and wanted to ask/investigate why this particular classroom was so warm. (wtf) Somehow Ms Arfah magically disappeared and it seems almost like a free period. I stood up and was super friendly and helpful and answered their questions and offered to help them. Somehow it just wouldn't be the way I would act because I was being overly friendly. That's why I felt like a suckup, I think I was answering their questions and being super helpful and patronising their every request/questions. The dream kind of faded afterwards and it ended like that.
(this cleaner jiejie [shan't call her auntie because honestly she isn't that old] is so funny, she entered the shop in a hurry and then she suddenly remembered she should say hi to me, so she stopped quite abruptly and turned around and smiled and said hi. HAHA. I mean, just do your thing man I'm here the whole day, and you're running all about and passing by so many times, you don't have to say hi every single time! hahaha)
Pardon me for having such confusing, transcendent dreams. I probably only stopped having them after I went to Melbourne with my family for holiday. I really love Melbourne. REALLY, LOVE. Sigh. I would love to live there. or even study there.
Those were literally the nightmaresafter As before Christmas.
One more hour before I close shop! Sian though, I have to work tomorrow zzz
So today, I'm replacing Kris at SAM today, she's sick :( Thankfully, it isn't as busy as during the Christmas season (which explains why I have lots of time to write HAHA
Since I'm bored and I don't really wanna read the book I brought with me (lol), I wanna talk about the terror of As that continue to haunt us, before I forget. I've been wanting to write about the nightmares I had before -
(WOAH I JUST RECEIVED TWO HUGE BOXES OF STOCKS; just signed the receipt heh)
- but I always procrastinate and just refused to write them. I think I've had umpteen nightmares about As but these are the few that are actually so
(wow it's raining really heavily)
(okay its really annoying; ppl walking past in the museum will open the automatic door, and they're just walking past, they aren't even coming in zzz)
The first dream I had was weird. (I'm having food coma after lunch so pardon me if I'm being incoherent) I was taking a nap, taking a break from studying (during the period of A levels, I did actually take naps, and woke up to study, instead of sleeping peacefully through the night). I remember waking up, half-conscious, and just wanting to and falling back asleep again. I repeated this process for a couple of times (amidst my siblings' voices; I think I remember seeing my brother use the computer while my sis was talking to him), and then I finally woke up, still feeling tired. My mum and sister were having a chat, while sitting on the mattress I was sleeping on, and I asked my sis what time it had been. I don't remember exactly what time she said it was but I distinctly remember it was 5 MINUTES BEFORE MY EXAM. I was like WTF and I remember feeling super annoyed and damn pissed off and berating my sister for not waking me up earlier so that I could study. With panic, I started cramming everything I saw in the notes as much as I could, as fast as I could.
okay, here comes the weird part. Instead of rushing down to school and crying and just wishing I died etc etc, I simply took my pencil case with me and walked out out of my room to the dining room. There was a teacher there (?!) and my exam paper was already sitting on the dining table. I sat down in the chair, and the teacher said, "you may start now." And so, I started writing and doing the paper. Like, wtf right? This dream doesn't even hold any logic whatsoever, even within the realm of dreams. It simply doesn't make any sense!
(Yay its 4pm; time to rejoice, only 3 more hours till I close the shop!)
okay my second dream was a real nightmare. I was having my lit paper, and at the start, I was just reassuring myself and tried to stay composed, so I took my time going through the unseen poems and annotating them.
I was writing my essay halfway when SUDDENLY, the invigilator said, "you are left with 5 minutes." okay, wtf?! I immediately started panicking and thinking "okay wtf wtf wtf I thought I had more time than this I thought I had more time than THIS" I started doing the other essay, and halfway through, I was like fuck this whatever I give up and just did my best, writing whatever I could. Soon there wasn't any time left and I had to stop writing. So, in total I was supposed to write 3 essays; in the end, I handed in 2 half-essays. har har har.
That nightmare felt real okay, I felt like I sat on an emotional rollercoaster ride. All the panic that made me wanna let out an explosive diarrhoea urinary bomb. Urgh. Thank god its over.
My third dream was the weirdest. It isn't directly related to As, but it was so bizarre, when I woke up I was compelled to make a note in my phone in case I forget. (gah I'm so drowsy now I don't even feel like saying hi to customers) So here are the notes I recorded on my phone:
- Ms Arfah being super bitchy - lit lesson: she took over me Sasha, Jaclyn, Hanee?
- Amanda in wrong classroom
- Munwei and Raphael being scolded
- School staff investigating why particular classroom is so warm, asked me
- feel like a suckup
Let me make some sense out of this nonsense.
Basically, it was a lit lesson but we were being taught by Ms Arfah (I don't remember if she took over the lesson for Mr Sng or she magically became our teacher). I remember Sasha, Jaclyn and Hanee and I were the only ones there. (I don't know where the rest of my class was; it seemed like the H2 class only consisted of us) Amanda was also here with us; Either I suspected she was in the wrong classroom, or she admitted so herself (my dreams are so weird) Then I remember Ms Arfah being bitchy/aloof because she was (sort of) scolding Munwei and Raphael/making things difficult for them. It felt weird too because I think/felt that Munwei and Raphael weren't supposed to be in my class as well? what the hell man I have such weird, bizarre dreams.
Halfway through, some school staff (the OSOs: the Indian auntie and a few others) came in and wanted to ask/investigate why this particular classroom was so warm. (wtf) Somehow Ms Arfah magically disappeared and it seems almost like a free period. I stood up and was super friendly and helpful and answered their questions and offered to help them. Somehow it just wouldn't be the way I would act because I was being overly friendly. That's why I felt like a suckup, I think I was answering their questions and being super helpful and patronising their every request/questions. The dream kind of faded afterwards and it ended like that.
(this cleaner jiejie [shan't call her auntie because honestly she isn't that old] is so funny, she entered the shop in a hurry and then she suddenly remembered she should say hi to me, so she stopped quite abruptly and turned around and smiled and said hi. HAHA. I mean, just do your thing man I'm here the whole day, and you're running all about and passing by so many times, you don't have to say hi every single time! hahaha)
Pardon me for having such confusing, transcendent dreams. I probably only stopped having them after I went to Melbourne with my family for holiday. I really love Melbourne. REALLY, LOVE. Sigh. I would love to live there. or even study there.
Those were literally the nightmares
One more hour before I close shop! Sian though, I have to work tomorrow zzz
About
Choo Yun Yu. 19. Singapore.
Archives
December 2006
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
October 2010
November 2010
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
September 2011
October 2011
April 2012
September 2012
October 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
December 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
April 2016
June 2017
Thanks
Sylvia Plath and her bell jar;elmotreefor his utmost patience in design and coding; with greatly-appreciated help from circuitfusednccxx
